*Flash animation require Flash player installed. Allow in browser if installed but animation is not showing.
Page in construction:
content to be added/updated and UI to be designed hopefully soon enough. Please come again periodically to check progress (don't forget to refresh: hit F5
Hmm... have been busier than expected, so gave up on improving things here for a while. Still, have been making great progress on a few of my favourite projects... check the latests! ;-)
Good day, my name is Nicolas Vergnaud
I am a Computer Scientist and System Engineer, trained to solve physical and spatial problems related to structure and animation on paper
(ie. drawing models/systems/perspectives in a time frame by hand, way before computers would do most of the work), proficient with the latest tools and most advanced technology on top of traditional and manual's.
I have always been a natural problem solver, handy kind, mix of arty Jack of all trades and mad scientist, and usually can't leave things unattended when seeing they are not running smoothly. I have great fun mixing techniques and building stuff, often bridging design, craft and science. But my first love always has been to work around fantasy and entertainment to create the unexpected, as disturbing and weird as possible, which may hopefully touch your heart the strongest...
My new MOTTO (Thanks to Bob): Yes we can! (do or fix it)
Please, do not hesitate contacting me at: email@example.com
CROSS DISCIPLINARY PROJECTS
- NEW NEW! ANT Project Live Simulation: Test the new version (to be finished soon). Robot body showing and transition anim between states.
NEW! ANT Project Live Simulation
: Test the flexibility of model/settings customisation in the "multi-legged walk
" simulaion tool I have created to calculate the robot's legs joints angles in real time (C#, WebGL, Unity). Use your keyboard or gamepad, and test with a 64bit browser. Close all tabs and running apps if crashing with "not enough momory
NEW! ANT v1 pictures
, built as a model... not functional but looking pretty good. :-)
ANT Project Demo Movie
(Java, Python, Arduino IDE, Rhino3D's Grasshopper, Solidworks, Illustrator and Android Studio).
- NEW! Sun e-Flower v2.1 Demo Movie (Arduino IDE, Solidworks and Illustrator). The flower is fully functional now. Code and electronic components have been adapted to the "flower shaped" version of the automate. It doesn't only move now, but follows the light, goes to sleep, etc.. Check it out!
- NEW! Etchy (Java, Arduino IDE, Raspberry Pi Server): Movie to come, but Etchy is now fixed, tested and fully functional - within the limits of physical possibilities. Test the File Generator App I have created to test the device ability to draw (picture selection and file generation only works locally). Check the Pictures of the result!
- ABB IRB120's Industrial Robotic Arm Gloveless Network Control (C#, RAPID, ABB Robot Studio, Leap Motion and unity 3D):
- TO DO: AR Card Game (C#, Unity 3D, Vuforia).
- 3D Character Modelling, Rigging, Baking and Animation (Maya, CrazyBump, Photoshop).
3D Model: Natiquende's Neutral
Pose (Maya, Rhino3D, WebGL).
TO DO: Demo Movie for Rig and Anim.
- Gallery: 3D Set Modelling (Maya, Photoshop).
TO DO: Find/redo walk in demo movie.
- Computer-Aided Design and Manufacturing:
TO DO: Cut and re-edit both previous movies and add to categories.
PROGRAMMING (Download detailed list of courses/skills)
: Mini Game with Texture Displacement Mapping (use 'awsd' and 'arrow' keys, mouse to rotate/zoom/pan).
: Mini Game (use 'awsd' and 'arrow' keys, mouse to rotate/zoom/pan).
: Model (use 'qweraszx' keys, mouse to rotate/zoom/pan).
: the old fashion way (use mouse to rotate/zoom/pan).
- TO FIX (adapt to/change server): Web Database** (xhtml, php, mySQL, css).
- TO FIX (adapt to/change server): Web Services via HTTPS*** or
Normal Access (jsp, tags, xml, servlets, wsdl, db-derby, jquery, ssl).
- Real Time Rendering (C++, OpenGL, SDL, GLSL)
TO DO: Collision Physics Optimisation through Shader Programming.
TO DO: Study of performence influence and light rendering quality between traditional pipeline and shader programming.
- Interractive Procedural 3D Programming (C99, OpenGL)
TO DO: Procedural Modelling and Animation with Gravity Physic and Collision.
TO DO: Basics of Procedural Modelling and Animation.
ANIM, GRAPHICS, ARTS & CRAFTS
- Animation work on Prods (IMDb):
(Bob Morane, Blake and Mortimer).
- Rapid Sketching (Pencil, Paper and Photoshop Shading).
- Miscellaneous Sketches and Illustrations (Role Play Inspired and Others).
- Advertisement Storyboards (Misc.).
- Retail Graphic/Fashion Design (Photoshop, Illustrator, for Target Pty Ltd and Studio-1).
- Nixie Clocks (Electrical, Electronic and Design).
- Leather Craft (Goggles, Mask and Accessories).
- Bone Carving (Buttons, Necklaces and Daggers).
- Epoxy Resin
- Costume/Accessories (Fabric Sewing and Combination of the Above).
OLD WEBSITES AND OTHER WEB GOODIES FROM PRE-IT TRAINING TIMES
- Wedding Card (Flash*)
- Green's Chat (Flash*).
- Red's Kiss (Flash*).
- Angel's Puzzle (Flash*).
- New Year 2002 Wishes (Flash*, Swift)
- Hub Production (html, Flash*, Swift3D)
- IPCS (xhtml, php, css).
- Garry Greenwood (html, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- Online Folio 2 (html, Flash*, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- Online Folio 1 (html, flash*, fireworks, dreamweaver)
- Meet Totally Spies!'s Team, first play with code ever (html)